had you told me that last semester, things this semester might not suck.
I went to Advisement yesterday, and found out some interesting stuff. Like:
- I could’ve taken Spanish I again, but not for credit since I already passed it.
- That I don’t need to take a class that I had been told I had to take even though I had it at Rose State.
- That I could attempt to CLEP out of what I called “College Math for Dummies” because those classes don’t count towards my GPA. If I pass the placement test with a 75%, I could go straight to the class that does count. I can take the placement test up to three times. So, I’m going to take it next week sometime just to see how much I remember, and if it’s not 75%, study up and take it again in the spring. I’d love to only have to take one math class and not three (two zero level classes and one class for credit).
- That it may take longer than spring 2011 to get my degree, and I was happy about that, because I want to take my time and do it right, and not get burned out to the point of dropping out of school all together. So if I don’t graduate until 2012 or 2013, so be it.
- That I have to take a “life skills” class. I was presented with a variety of choices, and I found one or two that sound doable.
I just wish the broadcasting school credits transfered over to UCO like they did at Rose State.
Can’t win ’em all.
That’s all from where I sit.